Teddington Park formed the northern boundary of the City of Toronto in 1912. That same year, separate plans of subdivision were registered by two prominent Toronto businessman: Nicholas Garland and Robert Dack. These plans led to the eventual building of homes in Teddington Park.
Teddington Park's development as a high-end residential district was inspired by the Rosedale Golf Club, which had moved from Rosedale to the Teddington Park area in 1909.
Teddington Park's older houses on Riverview Drive were originally given descriptive names such as 'Donnybrook', 'Silverwood', and 'Treetops'. These names were in lieu of municipal addresses, which were not issued until some time after the houses were built. Some of these houses still display their historical names.
The Teddington Park neighbourhood is one of the smallest and most exclusive districts in Toronto. Over the years many important and influential Torontonians have called this neighbourhood their home.
Teddington Park is conveniently located along the Yonge Street corridor however, it is remarkably quiet thanks to its natural boundaries which include the Rosedale Golf Club and the Riverview Drive Ravine.
Teddington Park's houses were built between 1910 and 1935. The signature street in the neighbourhood is Teddington Park Avenue, a wide tree-lined boulevard that contains large Tudor and Georgian style houses.
Riverview Drive is a winding, countryfied road, lined by majestic maple trees. The properties on Riverview Drive are especially large as many of these homes back onto the Riverview Drive Ravine.
(P) Bedford Park Jr., 81 Ranleigh Avenue, (416) 393-9424
(PH) Lawrence Park Collegiate Institute, 125 Chatsworth Drive, (416) 393-9500
(PR) Havergal College, 1451 Avenue Road, (416) 483-3519
(PR) Crescent School, 2365 Bayview Avenue, (416) 449-2556
(PR) Toronto French School, 296 Lawrence Avenue, E., (416) 484-6533
(CA) Blessed Sacrament, 24 Bedford Park Avenue, (416) 393-5226
(CA) Loretto Abbey, 101 Mason Blvd., (416) 393-5510